Why it is necessary to apply for ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’?
Aadhaar card is mainly a unique number that is offered and issued to every single citizen of India. It is a universal identification number issued from Central and acts as a biometric document. Aadhar card helps in storing important data that contains all the important details of an individual inside the government database.
It has become one of the significant identity proof, which the Government of India has made mandatory everywhere. Aadhaar card is increasingly becoming an essential government base for public welfare as well as citizen services. The government has already taken many steps to publicize the importance of the Aadhaar card through campaigns.
Uses of Aadhaar Card
There are still many people who are completely not aware of the different benefits as well as the necessity of Aadhar card.
As an ID card
An identity card is one of the basic and elementary purposes of the Aadhaar card. Unlike the voter ID card, Aadhaar card comes with many uses. Due to this reason, the government has made it a universally accepted card throughout India.
You can use it as ID proof, address proof, age proof whenever applying for any government service, or any kind of everyday purposes. As it has become a versatile accepted card, whenever you will apply for any government program or services, you will need the card.
For getting subsidies
This is yet another significant use of the e Aadhar card. It permits every Indian citizen to get the different types of government subsidies depending on eligibility. As the government already has the important data on you, just provide the Aadhaar card, so that you can avail of different subsidies as well as the programs.
The government already took the step to link Aadhaar card with bank accounts as well as the gas connections. This has helped the people to get the subsidy on LPG in their bank accounts. It has helped in preventing any frauds and scams, and misplacement of funds as well.
Making bank accounts
You are going to require an Aadhaar card when you will open a new bank account. Bank will use all the necessary documents for KYC, verifications as well as identification purposes. Banks and other financial institutions prioritize Aadhar card as the correct address as well as photo identification proof when you will open a new bank account.
How to reprint Aadhaar card
UIDAI has come up with the advantage of reprinting of the Aadhaar card if in case you have lost it, or the details are misprinted on the card. The process can be done both online as well as offline.
If you want to apply for the reprinting of the Aadhaar card online then you have to follow these steps.
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- In the Aadhaar services, choose ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ Or visit Or Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/order-reprint
- In a new tab, you will have to provide your 12 digit Aadhaar number or the VID number along with the security code. If the mobile number is registered with the Aadhaar number, then click on ‘Send OTP’.
- You will receive an OTP, which will be valid for only ten minutes.
- Provide the OTP number, and agree to the terms and conditions and submit them.
- After entering the correct OTP, all the details will be verified.
- After verification click for making payments. You will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Make the payment of Rs 50 through credit card. Debit card, UPI or net banking.
- After the successful payment, you will receive an acknowledgment message, which you can download. Save this SNR number for check aadhaar reprint status.
- Your Aadhar card delivered within 10-15 day by India speed post.
How to reprint Aadhaar card without mobile number
Aadhaar card has become one of the important documents for identification for verifying that he or she is the citizen of India. A lot of mistakes have been faced by a lot of people in their Aadhaar cards. If your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar card then also, you can make the necessary changes in it. For that, you just have to follow certain steps.
- Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/order-reprint
- If you know your Aadhaar number, then enter aadhaar number.
- Then click on my mobile number not registered.
- Upon the completion of the process, the Aadhaar card will be successfully sent to the registered address.
How to check the status of Aadhaar reprint
After applying for making the necessary changes in your Aadhaar card, you can easily keep checking the status of the Aadhaar reprint by following certain steps. You will be provided with an SRN number using which you can track the status of the Aadhaar card.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI.
- From there find the category mentioned on the UIDAI homepage as the Aadhaar Reprint status.
- Please click this for direct visit:- https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-reprint-status
- After entering the 28-digit number along with the Aadhaar number, provide the text verification, and click on ‘Get Status’.
What is the “Aadhaar Reprint” Service?
The UIDAI has come up with a new service, which is pilot based where people can order for the reprinting of the Aadhaar card after paying the necessary fee. It is useful for those who have lost it, or the details mentioned on the card are printed wrong.
What are the charges to be paid for “Order Aadhaar Reprint”?
For reprint orders of the Aadhaar card, you have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 50 which is mandatory for carrying out the entire process.
Which modes are available to make the payment?
Once you apply for the ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’, you have to make the nominal payment of Rs 50, which you can pay through credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI. If you opt for the offline service, then you can make the payment in cash as well.
How many days will it take to receive “Aadhaar Reprint” after a successful request?
After applying for the process, you will receive your new Aadhaar card with all the necessary changes within fifteen days.